To find out the current situation of the Rohingya Refuges and to assess our future works to provide them emergency relief supports, a team of four members from SPACE-FPO has started their journey on 10 September 2017 for Teknaf. Md. Golam Faruk (Finance, Account & Admin Director), Md. Shahidul Islam (Sr. Program Manager), Mr. Irfanul Haque (Internal Audit Officer) and Mr. Ashik (Local Volunteer) have safely reached their destination and working hard to analyse the situation. In performing their task, they are getting full supports and cooperation from the local administration, Local Government Institute, Local Leaders along with local people and working NGOs. On 11 September 2017, the team had an effective meeting with the respected Upazila Nirbahi Officer (UNO) of Teknaf and observing the situations of newly coming and existing Rohingya Refugees.
To analyse the situation properly a checklist is developed to Emergency Relief Response for Refuges of Teknaf Upazila. The checklist is given below-
# Team Formation (4 Persons)
# Traveling to Dhaka to Teknaf by Bus on the date of 10 September 2017 at evening
# Arrival at Teknaf on 11 September 2017 at Morning
# Discussion/Meeting with UNO of Teknaf on below listed issues-
– Introducing SPACE & FPO
– Present situation of Refuges
– How to work with them
– How many Existing NGOs are working?
– Which location (UP/ Villages) are more feasible to work?
– Which types of assistance should be given?
– Challenges to work
– Overcome or mitigation procedure
– Any suggestions
# Meeting with selected UP Bodies
# Planning to spot visit according to the UNO/UP Meeting
# Spot Visiting
– Key Informant Interview (KII)
– Individual talking with refuges/ camp people
– Focus Group Discussion (FGD) (If possible)
– Taking photographs of victims
– Recording Video clips with case study/history of migration
– Discussion with existing NGOs representatives who are working there
# Sharing meeting with team members for report preparation
# Draft report preparation